Audi Cabriolet Forum
LED's - Druckversion

+- Audi Cabriolet Forum (https://www.audi-cabrio-club.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Audi Cabriolet (https://www.audi-cabrio-club.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tacho und Co (https://www.audi-cabrio-club.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thema: LED's (/showthread.php?tid=8114)

Seiten: 1 2

LED's - Monster900 - 19.02.2007

Ich habe ein par MOD's gemacht:

Blaues tacho:

[Bild: 2me3br7.jpg]

3 bremsleuchte:

[Bild: 4g6tuur.jpg]

RE: LED's - NiD - 19.02.2007

Hallo,

die Idee mit der 3ten Bremsleuchte ist wirklich nicht schlecht. Sieht sehr gut aus.

RE: LED's - H;o)lli - 19.02.2007

NiD schrieb:die Idee mit der 3ten Bremsleuchte ist wirklich nicht schlecht. Sieht sehr gut aus.
Moin.

Das ist ohne Frage wohl wahr.
Nur mit der Zulassung wird's nichts werden.

@Monster
Keine Erläuterungen zu den Mods???
Wie hast Du z.B. die Nadeln auf blau umgebaut?
Schade, Deine Infos sind leider etwas dürftig..... Ich finds blöd

Gruss, HZwinkerlli

RE: LED's - C.A.B. - 19.02.2007

HI Monster900  Az
Mir gefällt das dritte Bremslicht nicht!
Verstehe nicht, warum so viel Leute sich die andere Heckklappe mit dem Bremslicht holen!
Das was Du gezauberst hast ist einfach nur geil Az Ja Massa
Das musst Du umbedingt mal erläutern wie Du das gemacht hast!
Gruß
C.A.B.

RE: LED's - Monster900 - 19.02.2007

Ich spreche Deutsch nicht sehr gut, und Deutsches zu schreiben ist sogar schlechter. Dennoch verstehe ich es sehr gut. Dieses ist der Grund, warum ich so wenig Erklärung gegeben habe. Wenn jemand in der Möglichkeit ist meine Erklärung von englischem zum Deutschen Sprache zum Übersetzen gibt, informieren Sie mich bitte.

RE: LED's - NiD - 19.02.2007

Hi Jonathan,

schreib doch einfach deine Beschreibung in Englisch hier rein. Das sollten die meisten verstehen.

Wir sind doch hier international Zwinker

P.S. Schlecht ist dein Deutsch auf keinen Fall. Dafür brauchst du dich in keinem Fall entschuldigen. Ich denke, dass jeder verstehen kann was du hier schreibst.

RE: LED's - Monster900 - 19.02.2007

Ich mache meinem Erklärung heute abend ;-)

RE: LED's - Monster900 - 20.02.2007

I had an old brake-light laying around. It had 36 LED's on a row, and I thought it would be nice to take that apart and start the little project.

First I took the combination from the car. To do so, you have to open the trunk, take out the fog-light and both reverse-driving lights and unscrew 9 bolts of which 2 hold the boot-lock.

These are the LED's taken from the brake light, on the green print-card:

[Bild: 2zyagl3.jpg]

36 LED's with 1 resistor per 4 LED's.

I've mesured the print-card and the part in which I wanted to place it, and took an iron-saw, with this result:

[Bild: 2hmiltt.jpg]

I found out the print-card was to wide, so I took my DREMEL, and made it a little less wide. Then I could slide the LED's into the plastic:

[Bild: 2uzuz5f.jpg]
[Bild: 3yy5buw.jpg]

Now I inserted a cable for power:

[Bild: 34q0hhk.jpg]

This one enters the trunk close to the lock:

[Bild: 2jfaihz.jpg]

I've glued it all together with a glue-gun:

[Bild: 3023xxc.jpg]

Last thing was attaching the power cable to the cable of the brake-lights, no pics there, but I guess you know how to do that ;-)

Next thing to do will be looking for a new piece, to make it all in a better way. Let's say this was just testing ;-)

The dashboard change:

You take out the little lights from the back of your dashboard:

To replace the light bulbs behind the rev and miles-counter, you will have to work as follows.

First unscrew both screws at the bottom-side of the steering-column:

[Bild: 3y60h35.jpg]

Now you can take of the upperside, but watch out for wires of car-alarm-LED's...

Now the 2 screws who keep your dash in place are available:

[Bild: 2d9y345.jpg]

Unscrew, and you can take it out with some caution. Then you can unplug the plugs, at the left side you find a yellow and a whte plug:

[Bild: 44671gz.jpg]

The yellow plug is to be removed with a little screwdriver, you pull back the purple part, and then you can unplug it. The white one comes off, whem you press both clamps and pull it off.
At the right side you have a blue plug, which detaches the same way as the yellow one:

[Bild: 2iloc37.jpg]

These are pics from my parents TDi, I fixed today, on my Cabrio I had another yellow plug close to the blue one, that just had to be pulled of:

[Bild: 48ylv89.jpg]

When you put the dashboard upside down on a table, you are able to replace the lights:

[Bild: 30t45cl.jpg]

These are for lighting the clocks.

If you want to dismantle it further (easier for some bulbs to replace) do it like this:

[Bild: 2nvdro5.jpg]

Unscrew these 3 screw, and you can remove the "minicheck":

[Bild: 49gelhz.jpg]

Some lights are now more accessible to replace ;-)

Assembly is the other way around ;-)

Here some pics of how to change your light-bulbs to blue LED's:

The original light, like you take it out of your dashboard:

[Bild: 48mmmxe.jpg]

Take the glass part out:

[Bild: 3z6x6kh.jpg]

A LED and a resistor:

[Bild: 2s1q6va.jpg]

Adjust length, because space is something you don't have:

[Bild: 2rmxfyu.jpg]

Weld the resistor to the LED:

[Bild: 2d2b2ud.jpg]

Again adjust length:

[Bild: 4hkvapz.jpg]

Then you can weld this little piece of art into the "foot". Be carefull not to make contact between + and - ;-)

[Bild: 4g5f6lz.jpg]

The LED's I used, were from a local electronics-store, the resistors where delivered together, when I told they were used for 13.9 VOLTS

RESULT:

[Bild: 2me3br7.jpg]

Little recommendation:
LED's have a bad ray of light for this use: the ray is too narrow...
That's why you have to take a little piece of sanding paper (p160) and "damage" the LED like this:

[Bild: 44kmnfd.jpg]

Now the light-ray is diffused, and perfect for use in a dashboard ;-)